[SOLVED] Network Kickstart FC2 installation on PXE and NFS

Ruiz, Paul Paul.Ruiz at dig.com
Mon Oct 25 20:13:51 UTC 2004

A similar problem I had was the result of the 30 seconds a switch port listens for spanning tree traffic before enabling when the link comes up.  This was enough time to interfere with UDP communication (dhcp and rpc).  Enabling spantree portfast on the switch port fixed all of the boot and install problems we were having related to DHCP and RPC timeouts.

PXE boot agents, pump, dhclient and ethtool will all cause the link to reset, triggering the 30 second listen on spanning tree supporting switches.