cdrecord using ATAPI CD-R problem

Greg Morgan drkludge at cox.net
Fri Sep 3 23:30:31 UTC 2004

Chan Hang Lam wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am using a ATAPI  CD-R .
> I add append="hdb=ide-scsi" in lilo.conf

Chan, you did not say if you ran lilo after setting the configuration in
lilo.conf. It has been awhile since I have used lilo but as I recall
here are the steps for use.
1.) Edit /etc/lilo.conf
2.) Run the /sbin/lilo command.  This sets information in your boot
sector.  With grub you do not have to 'run grub' like you have to 'run
lilo' with each edit of lilo.conf
3.) Reboot so that lilo passes your hdb=ide-scsi module information to
the kernel.
Did you perform all of these steps?
Greg