Installarion !

Greg Morgan drkludge at cox.net
Sun Sep 5 21:19:30 UTC 2004

Edgar Chillón 'Chillux' wrote:
> Where is the file or script that tell the order of the
> images in the grafical installation ? I need to skip a
> lot of screens and tell de anaconda (or installarion)
> for example:
>
> I want the installation in spanish and I dont want
> that the screens appears but I need that the
> installation take this options as default (lenguage
> ES) ! is there any file to edit in order to do this ?

It may be as simple as hacking on the dispatch.py file.
installSteps = [
     ("welcome", ("id.configFileData",)),
     ("betanag", betaNagScreen, ("intf", "dir")),
     ("language", ("intf", "id.instLanguage")),
     ("keyboard", ("id.instLanguage.getDefaultKeyboard()", "id.keyboard")),
Note that whacking out the language line may cause problems later in the
dispatch list.

If you use a kickstart file and configure both the keyboard and lang
options in the kickstart file, then those screens will not appear during
the installation.  Anaconda does not display any screens that are fully
configured via a kickstart file.  Do you really need to hack anaconda
files, when you can have this option that is already well tested?
Please see
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html
for more information.

Use "linux ks=floppy" when the first CD boots to use the ks file that
selects your language preferences.  There are other ways to retrieve the
kickstart file too.
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/s1-kickstart2-startinginstall.html

Greg