ks config manager: xml2hostconf

Erik Sjölund erik.sjolund at home.se
Sat Sep 11 17:09:20 UTC 2004

I saw that the topic about "kickstart configuration managers" have been
discussed before.

I just wanted to tell you about

http://xml2hostconf.sourceforge.net

xml2hostconf generates RPM packages, dhcpd.conf, grub files, kickstart
files, and HTML documentation with XSLT.

One thing is different in this project:

Besides giving you a fully automatic installation system, it
also keeps already installed systems in sync with the central
configuration. This is solved by generating RPMs consisting of
configuration files that get pulled out to the computers by yum or
apt-get.

These are kickstart-list threads about similar topics that I found
when searching the archive.

subject: "ks config managers"
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2004-March/msg00103.html

subject: "how to manage kickstart file"
http://www.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2003-March/msg00083.html

subject: "Kickstart Configuration Managers"
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2004-April/msg00004.html

cheers,
Erik Sjölund