Kickstart and Authentication Proxy

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Sat Apr 9 12:50:49 UTC 2005

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Brian Long wrote:

>Does anyone support users trying to kickstart over a VPN connection when
>said connection requires authentication on a web site?  When our newest
>VPN users try to connect to internal sites, they get redirected to a
>website which requires their authentication.

I can't quite picture the scenario. External users needing kickstart
installs are hitting (say) kickstart.private.example.com, which
redirects off to a login page?

Which network resources are being accessed (kickstart file, 2nd-stage
loader, install dir, %post stuff), and how are the users being asked to
boot the install?

To generalize, if everything works *except* the awkward login/redirect,
you might be able to do something with %pre, dialog(1) and wget/curl to
prompt and login at the beginning of kickstarting.

Cheers,
Phil