Kickstart %include directive and %pre script issues

Martin Høy marhoy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 07:37:05 UTC 2005

On 4/21/05, Christian.Rohrmeier at schering.de
<Christian.Rohrmeier at schering.de> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Thanks for the excellent advice. Rolling my own install CD is a horrifying
> thought. I so much abhor this idea, that I install all RPMs that aren't on
> the default install media via APT in the %post script.

It's actually quite easy (at least on newer RH/FC, don't know about AS2.1).
I do this regularily because I want to include all the released updates in
the install-tree. That way, I save install-time because I don't have to upgrade
a lot of packages afterwards (which on FC3 is quite a few).

See the previous postings on including updates (or other .rpms) in the
install-tree.

Regards,

Martin