Interpreting Anaconda, distributions

dan info at hostinthebox.net
Thu Apr 28 18:18:40 UTC 2005

Hello, all -

While I've been reading the list over the past few weeks, I've noticed
that most everyone pretty much knows Anaconda like the back of their hand.

Is there some sort of clearinghouse that details the inner-workings of
Anaconda?  If I wanted to dive into it and try to figure some stuff out,
is there a specific version I should look for?  I just really don't know
where to get started on this, please pardon my ignorance.

Is it safe to say that the Kickstart process is the same throught RedHat
9.0+, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, and all other RedHat-based distributions?
It's been my experience that this is true, however, I don't want to
start working on something someday that looks like it might work, and
have it totally blow up in my face.

I hope these questions aren't too dull for you all to answer.  I've had
varying success with Kickstart-based installs until recently, and I hope
that I can even improve on that, with a bit of your help.

Thanks!
-dant