trying to setup for a remote installation

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 28 18:28:50 UTC 2005

hi...

new to setting up kickstart for remote installation.

here's what i'd like to do. i'd like to be able to remotely access a server,
and use VNC to graphically go through the fedora installation process. the
server currently has RH8 on it.

as we understand it, you can place the FC3 isos on a HD on another system,
and access the isos via the kickstart file. however, our questions have to
do with how/what to do to implement what we're trying to do.

so.. our questions...

-can we do what we want to do, allowing us to use VNC
-can the kickstart file be created, and placed on the targeted system's HD.
-if the kickstart file can be placed on the targeted system's HD, where
should
 it go?? (what dir should it be placed in...)
-would the targeted kickstart file have the VNC 'hooks' in the kickstart
file
-would this allow us to use VNC to then graphically install FC3 on the
targeted system

any help/ideas/opinions/comments would be helpful...

we don't want to somehow screw this up!!

-bruce
bedouglas at earthlink.net