trying to setup for a remote installation

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Thu Apr 28 19:53:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, bruce wrote:

>here's what i'd like to do. i'd like to be able to remotely access a server,
>and use VNC to graphically go through the fedora installation process. the
>server currently has RH8 on it.
>
>as we understand it, you can place the FC3 isos on a HD on another system,
>and access the isos via the kickstart file. however, our questions have to
>do with how/what to do to implement what we're trying to do.

"Kickstart" as a general concept provides full automation to a
Fedora/RedHat installation. If you wish to proceed through the install
GUI via VNC, kickstart ain't necessary. Suggested reading includes the
anaconda documentation (/usr/share/doc/anaconda*), particularly the vnc
arguments to bootup.

(I realiase this isn't a super-helpful answer, but I think all your
questions are covered in the docs. Feel free to reply if things are
still unclear.)

Cheers,
Phil