Getting install log on a remote machine

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 21:15:34 UTC 2005

> When enabled, it should throw everything possible down the pipe.  Let
> syslog on the other end sort it out.  I would love to 'tail -f
> /var/log/kickstart' on my syslog server and watch the install progress.
> This would be really great for headless pxe installs.

You'll get an option to specify your logging level, with the default set
to something in the middle.  Half the point of reworking the logging
support is to make it less verbose so the average user doesn't freak out
seeing tons of debugging output fly by and think they have a problem.  I
guess for you guys who will be enabling network logging support, it'd
make sense to assume you won't be confused and crank the default output
up a bit.

- Chris