badblocks

Steve Adams steve.adams at ixora.com.au
Wed Aug 17 04:56:03 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I am trying to scan for badblocks during the partitioning phase of a kickstart install.
However, despite that "--badblocks" is specified on the "part" lines in ks.cfg,
the format commands shown on virtual console 3 during the install are just.

* Format command:  ['/usr/sbin/mke2fs', '/tmp/hda1', '-i', '4096', '-j']

I do not see a -c being passed to mke2fs, or any other evidence that the badblocks
check is actually happening. Is there anything else that I should be doing?

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I searched and did not find it.

@   Regards,
@   Steve Adams
@   http://www.ixora.com.au/         - For DBAs
@   http://www.christianity.net.au/  - For all