Custom dialog messages

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Fri Aug 19 19:28:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Miles, Paul wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> There isn't a standard kickstart dialog is there ? I certainly wouldn't
> have gone to the effort of statically compiling it if I'd seen it there.
>
> I tried : export TERM=linux but it made no change.
>
> Any other thoughts?

I started using python for both %pre and %post, from there you can use
the snack module (available even in %pre stage) to build whatever
dialogs you want and as an added bonus it looks exactly like anaconda
itself :)

Snack was showing the box borders with wrong characters (at least in
%post) as well but setting LC_ALL=C cured that, might help with dialog as
well.

          - Panu -