disabling dhcp for eth1 in kernel

Harry Mills harry at mad-cat.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 19:51:11 UTC 2005

I would agree with this. It seems that you are mounting the nfs directory successfully and kickstart has downloaded the ks.cfg.

Check your ks.cfg for network lines. I have just added this to my ks.cfg for testing:

network --device=eth0
network --device=eth1

on top of the entry
network --device=eth2 --bootproto dhcp

Kickstart is now sending DHCP requests for other network cards and failing - then prompting me for manual input.

Try removing all network lines from your ks config except:

network --device=eth0 --bootproto dhcp

and give it another go.

Harry

--