partition syntax

Ryan C. Spaulding rspaulding at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Dec 14 17:09:27 UTC 2005

Not sure if you got your answer or not yet. Below is our kickstart
for preserving a previous installation partition:

part /boot        --fstype ext3 --asprimary --size    128 --onpart sda1
part swap                       --asprimary --size   1000 --onpart sda3
part /            --fstype ext3 --asprimary --size  10000 --onpart sda2
part /home        --fstype ext3             --size  40000 --onpart
sda5 --noformat
part /scratch    --fstype ext3             --size 1 --grow --onpart
sda6 --noformat

You need to have each partition specified or the installation will
fail every time. Also do NOT have the following lines in the kickstart:

zerombr yes

clearpart --all --initlabel

Thank you,

Ryan