Re: Genhdlist issue on RH 9

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 Rebecca R Hepper seagate com wrote:

>My NFS server is RH 9 with anaconda & anaconda-runtime 9.0-4 RPMs
>installed.  I want to set up to install Fedora Core 3 systems.

genhdlist is evil. Whereas it used to be statically compiled so that one
could happily copy it cross-distro, now it just seems to have a bunch of
GLIBC symbol versioning complaints whenever I try to run it away from
the "host" release. This may not be entirely Redhat's fault... - the NSS
problem has caused quite some chatter:

http://www.google.com/search?q=nss+static+linking

>Is there a way around this or does my server have to be upgraded to
>Fedora?

The least disruptive method I can think of would be to boot another
workstation nearby with the FC rescue CD, mount the NFS dir and run
genhdlist/pkgorder from there.

Cheers,
Phil