Problems with Fedora core 3

Martin Høy marhoy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 14:42:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:14:21 -0000, Miles, Paul <Paul.Miles at quadriga.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Thanks for all your help, as I think it was Phil that pointed out, prior
> to Core 3, you didn't need to run pkgorder - as a result we never
> included this step in our builds.
>
> As I think everyone pointed out, by running genhdlist => pkgorder =>
> genhdlist - all my problems were fixed.

Would you care to give a detailed explanation (command-line options and
everything) of how you updated the install-tree? Or at least give me some
pointers to a correct, working explanation for  FC3?

The number of updates to FC3 is growing so large that I would like to include
them in the install-tree so I don't have to way for the "yum update" afterwards.
(I'm planning a 200+-machines install of FC3).

Regards,

Martin