Guide to comps.xml and friends

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Wed Jun 8 20:53:58 UTC 2005

> Yea, mine blew up, too.  I'm still just in the "fooling around" stage.
> However, I would like to master this.
>
> Right now, I'm trying to prune Base and Core a bit, to see if I can get
> an even smaller install.  I'll let you all know how it goes.
>
> It would be amazing to finally get this done, it would save me a lto of
> headache and time.

I just wanted to insert my own groups, which for the most part I think I've
got working. Tweaking Base and Core, as much as it appeals to my
administrative instincts, is more trouble to me than it's worth ... although
for the life of me some of what is considered 'basic' stretches the
definition somewhat.

Klaus