Guide to comps.xml and friends

dan info at hostinthebox.net
Thu Jun 9 01:15:28 UTC 2005

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 10:14 -0400, Brian Long wrote:

>>>The format is defined at http://rhlinux.redhat.com/anaconda/comps.html
>>>
>>>Jeremy
>>
>>Jeremy, this page was never updated for RHEL 3 where you removed the
>><package> sections since Anaconda auto-computes dependencies.
>

> I'll take patches :-)
>
> Actually, I should move the document over to the wiki[1] so that people
> can live edit it.  todo++
>
> Jeremy
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda  Although I'm planning to do
> some reorganization shortly.

Please pardon my ignorance, but is it safe to assume that the Anaconda
installation process and procedure as I understand it, will remain the
same in the general throughout Fedora, RHEL, and CentOS?

I guess what I'm getting at, is you're talking about editing the
fedoraproject.org's Wiki, but is that information going to benefit other
guys attempting the same thing in FC, RHEL, and CentOS and a hadful of
others?

Thanks again!
-dant