Automated kickstart of remote machine

James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov
Tue Jun 14 13:54:05 UTC 2005

I can't read people's minds over the internet.  Your message directly
states you are doing this for one machine, as I've quoted you below.  If
you said you were doing this for many machines, I would have said
something different.  That being said, it depends how many machines you
are talking about if kickstarting them is really beneficial--especially
when you are doing it from 1200 miles away and no linux guru on the other
end.

> > Hello, all -
> >
> > I've set up a small lab in VMWare to experiment with upgrading an
> > older machine.  I'd like to come up with a process to completely
> > re-install
> > RHEL4 on the machine.  I'm trying to pull all this off in a little lab
>
> > before I go for the big money - a server that is about 1200 miles away
>
> > from me.

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394