Kickstart Installs of FC2

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MWeiner at ag.com
Tue Jun 21 13:30:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, MW Mike Weiner (5028) wrote:

>Thanks for the response, and by the way, I love your debugging
>methodology - nice and simple and straightforward. Well, you're right,
>it DOES seem to find the kickstart file (ks-fc2.cfg) though I did not
>check to ensure it makes its way to /tmp/ks.cfg and it is being
>instructed to mount the repo directory containing the "Fedora" tree of
>the installation CDs. What is NOT happening is the actual install isnt
>taking place, it seems to hang after the pre scripts are run (which
>there arent any), and mounting VFS - just doesn't seem to want to do
>anything after that point.

If you don't change VC what's the last thing to print out on VC1 (the
blue screen (hmm...))?

Does anything happen if left for a full 5 minutes? Sometimes NFS
timeouts can be rather slow.

If you have access on the NFS server, does # tcpdump -n host <kickstart
client IP address> show any activity?
--
Phil -

On the main console window, the last thing I see is the following:

Md: ... Auto run Done.
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)

And no, leaving it go, even for an hour or more doesn't do anything
either. I am going to run tcpdump and see if I can gleam any additional
information from it and will report back.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Michael Weiner