Kickstart Installs of FC2

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MWeiner at ag.com
Wed Jun 22 16:39:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, MW Mike Weiner (5028) wrote:

>However I have a new issue this morning, I fire up the test box, it
>goes out, gets an IP, gets the kickstart script, begins the install
>albeit in an X window

Include "text" on the kernel command line.
(see /usr/share/doc/anaconda-*/command-line.txt)

>There was an error installing 'X'.rpm This can indicate a media
>failure, lack of disk space, and/or hardware problem. This is a fatal
>error and your install will be aborted. Please verify your media and
>try your install again.
>
>Well, when I reboot the system to try again, it fails on yet another
>RPM. I rsync'd the RPMS down from loop-mounted ISOs so I am unsure why
>it is complaining of bad media. Has anyone else had this problem, and
>how do we work around this issue? I see nothing in any logs on the
>server providing the install media.

Bad media was one of the three possible problems anaconda mentioned.
What about hardware - can you replicate this random RPM hiccup on a
different client? If not, I'd be testing the box for RAM/disk probs.
--

OK, I grabbed another test box, exactly like the first one, and now it
cant seem to see the dhcpd server - OY, one step forward, and three

Thanks as always
Michael Weiner