Dropping to a shell in %post

Dan Trainor info at hostinthebox.net
Sat Jun 25 00:27:37 UTC 2005

Dan Carpenter wrote:
> On 6/24/05, Dan Trainor <info at hostinthebox.net> wrote:
>

>>Is it possible to drop to a sh shell in or after %post, so that I can
>>poke around and get familiar with the %post enviornment to see about
>>donig some things later on?
>

> add these lines to your %post.
>
> echo "Dropping to a shell"
> open -c 8 bash
> read tmp
>
> The echo prints to tty3 so you probably won't see it...  Not sure how
> to put stuff on the first tty.  This will pause the install until you
> press Enter on the front screen.  You can switch to tty8 to do
> whatever you want.
>
> regards,
> dan carpenter

Dan -

Awesome, that's what I was looking for.  I'm having troule finding out
why I can't install two additional RPMs in %post, saying that the files
are not present.  I am copying them from
/mnt/source/thedirthatiputfilesin to /mnt/sysimage/tmp/mynewdir, so I'd
like to troubleshoot that.

Thanks
-dant