Re: Display progress during long kickstart %post script

David Bartlett wrote:
I run a quite lengthy %post script (runtime = 5-10
minutes) as part of my kickstart build and would like
to include some useful output to reassure my users
that the build process is running normally and has not
hung.

We use the following method as a beginning point, in order to have interactive post-install scripting, as well as logging the complete output of post-install to the terminal and to a text file, which is uploaded back to the kickstart server for documentation, as the last script called in %post.

%post
# change to new vt and set stout/stdin
exec < /dev/tty6 > /dev/tty6
chvt 6