Kickstart problems...

Crow69 aka thedude crow69dude at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 02:24:22 UTC 2005

Robert,

Here is an example of my /etc/dhcpd.conf file that works with pxeboot:
ddns-update-style none;
ignore client-updates;
subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
default-lease-time 21600;
max-lease-time 43200;
group {
allow booting;
allow bootp;
filename "pxelinux.0";
use-host-decl-names on;
host n1 { hardware ethernet 00:d0:4f:38:bf:c0; fixed-address 192.168.1.11; }
host n2 { hardware ethernet 00:d0:4f:38:bf:d0; fixed-address 192.168.1.12; }
}
}

Here is my /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default file:
serial 0 9600
default Redhat
prompt 1
timeout 1

label Redhat
kernel isolinux/vmlinuz
append ksdevice=eth0 load_ramdisk=1 nofb network
ks=nfs:192.168.1.5:/path/to/kickstart/ks.cfg initrd=isolinux/initrd.img

Maybe you can try my configs and see if they work for you?  There are 2 dhcp
lookups when doing pxe boot, I believe.  The first is the pxe boot itself,
and the 2nd is part of the kickstart when booting the cdrom Linux images to
start the actual kickstart mechanism.

(My dhcpd.conf above is only used for static IPed kickstart dhcp requests
specificly specified in the dhcpd.conf file and not general system dhcp
service requests.)

Make sure you restart the dhcpd service after modifying your dhcpd.conf
file!
Example:  service dhcpd restart

Let me know if this helps or not.

Jeff