Overriding the default install of @Core and @Base

dan info at hostinthebox.net
Mon May 2 21:44:08 UTC 2005

Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> said:
>
>>>If anyone here has battled with trying to make the perfect install
>>>situation, you know what I'm talking about ;)   Any help regarding this
>>>would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>And has been answered here on MANY MANY occasions you can either:
>

> 0. remove the packages you don't want in the %packages section with
> "-packagename" (e.g. "-system-config-mouse").
>

>>1. rebuild the installer with a new comps.xml to your specifications
>>(harder than you think it might be, esp to get the deps right)
>>
>>2. remove the packages you don't want in %post using something that can
>>automatically remove deps - like yum, apt, etc.

Yes, I understand that much, but thanks.  What I was initially trying to
do was override the installation of @Base and @Core, not to selectively
remove packages.

But as James had first pointed out, it might be in my better interest to
hack up a comps.xml and use that.  This sounds like the cleanest approach.

Thanks for all the feedback!
-dant