Ethernet probe order

Craig Nottingham cnottingham at blackboard.com
Wed Nov 16 19:01:28 UTC 2005

Any advise on how to handle the weird probe order voodoo in the
following setup...

I am having issues with servers that come wit 2 onboard e1000 ports and
and additional e1000 pci expansion card.  At boot the first onboard
e1000 is eth0, after grabbing my kernel and initrd the pci expansion
card is now eth0.