installing to USB storage

James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov
Tue Nov 29 16:40:04 UTC 2005

I'm trying to kickstart a RHEL installation directly to a USB Key... I
found that you can't partition a USB key via anconda unless the Expert
mode is enabled (via "linux expert") on the syslinux command line.
Unfortunately, it seems I can't do a kickstart and expert mode, so I have
to do these USB key installations by hand..  Is there anyway around this?
Can I force anaconda to partition USB external storage devices without
being in expert mode?

Thanks.

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394