Grub not getting installed after kickstart installation

Stuart J. Browne sjbrowne at bluebottle.com
Tue Oct 4 00:14:24 UTC 2005

Ajitabh,

In your %post section, you have these two lines:

# /bin/echo -e "root (hd0,0) \n install /grub/stage1 d (hd0) /grub/stage2 p
\
  (hd0,0)/grub/grub.conf \n quit" | /sbin/grub --batch

You've only commented out the first part of it, not the second.  It'd come
up with an error 'command not found: hd0,0', or some such.

Comment out that 2nd line, and try it again.

Now, as for 'ls', 'mv' etc. not being mounted when you chroot in emergency
mode, is somewhat odd.  Are you sure it's not just that /bin/ isn't in the
emergency sesions path?  You've actually looked in /bin, not found them,
double checked to ensure that the 'cureutils' package is installed?

Stuart J. Browne