Grub not getting installed after kickstart installation

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Tue Oct 4 14:06:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 23:06 +0100, Ajitabh Pandey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to make a kickstart CD to install RHEL3 Update 3 on an HP DL585
> server. The install is taking place on disks controlled by internal RAID
> controller (HP Smart array 5i). The install seems to work like breeze. At the
> end of installation, there are some issues -

Hello,

Is there any other storage (i.e. SAN) connected to this host?  If so, I
wonder if grub is installed to /dev/sda MBR instead of /dev/cciss/c0d0?
If you have alternate storage, you could use "bootloader --location=mbr
--driveorder=cciss/c0d0,sda".  This will ensure GRUB installs to c0d0.

Just an idea.  We have a DL585 running RHEL 3 Update 5 with zero GRUB
issues.

/Brian/

--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.