Flash Drive

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Oct 13 05:00:43 UTC 2005

GP> bascially back to square one....i've honestly tried everything and
GP> cant figure it out I've done everything you stated and other
GP> readmes and sometimes i get 'bootup failed' or like right now, it
GP> just sits there likes its trying to load syslinux but doesnt go
GP> anywhere

On multiple computers, known to boot other USB devices?  Some machines
just don't handle booting from USB very well.  I know that a simple dd
of diskboot.img produces a flash device which will boot on several
machines I have around.  Likewise, the same device won't boot on a
couple of machines; these don't seem to properly handle a USB floppy,
either.

 - J<