Re: Flash Drive

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason L Tibbitts III" <tibbs math uh edu>
To: "Discussion list about Kickstart" <kickstart-list redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:00 PM
Subject: Re: Flash Drive

"GP" == Gary P <list akwebhosting net> writes:

GP> bascially back to square one....i've honestly tried everything and
GP> cant figure it out I've done everything you stated and other
GP> readmes and sometimes i get 'bootup failed' or like right now, it
GP> just sits there likes its trying to load syslinux but doesnt go
GP> anywhere

On multiple computers, known to boot other USB devices?  Some machines
just don't handle booting from USB very well.  I know that a simple dd
of diskboot.img produces a flash device which will boot on several
machines I have around.  Likewise, the same device won't boot on a
couple of machines; these don't seem to properly handle a USB floppy,
either.

- J<

well these are pretty new machines and BIOS even sees the flash stick and its selectable as one of the pull downs of the HDD prioritys