Kickstart taking long time on RHEL 4 to start

Rik Herrin rikherrin at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 11:03:58 UTC 2005

Thanks for your feedback.  I'm still looking into this
issue and will try your suggestions.  Greg, although
it might have to do with computation of comps.xml, is
there any way to cache / save this dynamically
computed comps.xml?  Also, the rest of the install is
kind of slow (even after it starts installing, so it
might be a problem with NFS - like what Brian
suggested).  As for the line with the root password,
these installations are used in a lab environment
behind a proxy server being a NATing device, so it
doesn't really matter.  Nonetheless, thanks for the
suggestion.  Brian, I'll check out the window size and
get back to you :D