Adding drivers to kickstart initrd.img

Shabazian, Chip Chip.Shabazian at bankofamerica.com
Fri Apr 14 16:28:47 UTC 2006

You can put dd= anywhere on the line after boot:  Order is not
important.

Putting dd= on the boot line will give you the exact same result as
putting --driverdisk in the kickstart file.  About the only time I can
think that you would NEED to put it on the boot line would be if you
were loading your ks.cfg via the network and needed a network driver
that wasn't supported.

Also, be aware of the 255 character limitation on the boot: line.  This
is the reason we have added it to the ks.cfg file and not to the boot:
line