Re: determine VGA vs. ttyS* console in %pre ?

What about the tty command?

$ tty
/dev/pts/0

I have no idea what it would output on each case, but it is worth a
try. You may have to put the tty binary on the cd if it's not already
on the installer. Finally, you could analyse it and mimic it's
behavior (if it's just looking up something in /proc).

andre

On 12/6/06, John Summerfield <debian herakles homelinux org> wrote:
Steve Rikli wrote:
> In article <y9hvekomyu9 fsf lime ircam fr>,
> Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale  <kickstart-list redhat com> wrote:
>
>>sr genyosha net (Steve Rikli) writes:
>>

>>>Is there a way during %pre to determine what the console is?
>>
>>The easiest (only?) way would be parsing /proc/cmdline.
>

> Yes, excellent!   I ought to be able to make use of that -- thanks.

I'm mildly confused... What you will see in the commandline is those
console arguments. It's how the kernel knows what to use.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait