Can multiple kickstart files be added to cdrom

Omer Faruk Sen omer at faruk.net
Mon Feb 13 07:16:33 UTC 2006

Is it possible to embed more than one kickstart  that will match the
installation interface's MAC address. What I want is to use boot system
using virtual CD (using iLO) to install multiple systems but matching
kickstart conf file will be used with the matching MAC address.

> I embed multiple ks files in the initrd then use ks=file:filename.cfg
>
> This is a simple script I use to copy all of the files in my configs
> folder into the initrd:
>
> mv initrd.img initrd.img.gz
> gunzip initrd.img.gz
> mount -o loop initrd.img /mnt/init/
> cp --reply=yes configs/* /mnt/init/
> umount /mnt/init/
> gzip initrd.img
> mv initrd.img.gz initrd.img
>
> I then make a new .iso image like thus:
> mkisofs -o boot.iso -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -no-emul-boot
> -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -R -J -v -T isolinux/
>
> and you are off and running.
>
> In our environment, the files MUST be embedded in the initrd due to the
> use of virtual media (.iso images mapped over the network), we can't
> simply drop them onto the CD and access them.
>
> Chip

Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.faruk.net