Re: static ips and automation

> So, a kickstart config file needs to be created for each different
> computer, and then, when I start the kickstart installation, I point
> it to the appropriate kickstart file?

Yup, that's the theory.

What I ended up doing for my site is tweaking parts of the Kickstart process
so that I could specify some short options on the command line that would
instruct the boot process to fetch dynamically-generated Kickstart scripts.

I am sure there are more ways to skin this particular cat ('%pre' +
'%include'?) but I found a Kickstart CGI generator worked best for the varying
hardware and software environments I manage.

take care,
Klaus