Re: static ips and automation

I could have sworn Daniel Segall said this Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 07:45:31PM -0500 ...

> I just run a simple script in %post to set IP's, and other machine
> specific details. This way, I can just boot a system and walk away. When
> I come back later, tomorrow, or whenever, it's waiting for my (or anyone
> else's) input with a few questions.

Yeah, I approach the problem from the other direction - I tell the machine
what I expect of it up front, and it does the rest from there. Cfengine makes
a lot of the finer-grained configuration substantially easier.

Klaus