Anaconda Image source code online (was: Re: AI – Anaconda Image)

Steven Augart saugart at mazunetworks.com
Tue Jun 6 16:07:55 UTC 2006

It's now up at http://www.augart.com/Frozen_River/Anaconda_Image/ .

> Well there is not really any rpm packages to make --
Ah, I see that now.

>  there is a need for a new stage2 image in the base directory and a
> new loader in the initial initrd image used by RedHat (This due to
> clear bugs -- or am I out flying maybe)....
Yes, there's a clear necessity for that.   I repacked the initrd and
stage2.img for the FC4-based installer that I'm currently working on,
since we needed to work around bugs in the stock FC 4 ones.

I have some minor Anaconda bug fixes posted ; mostly support for the
installation on an IBM blade server.  A .spec file and the patches are
at http://www.augart.com/Linux/Anaconda-2006-May/ .

However, we've switched over to an FC 4 install instead of an FC 5, and
the changes to Anaconda are different.  I'll post the source code when I
get the FC 4 one fully stable.

--Steven

--
Steven Augart