Extracting variables from within ks.cfg, interpreted from command-line

Dan Trainor dan at id-confirm.com
Mon Mar 20 23:05:28 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On 03/15/2006 Dan Trainor wrote:
>
>> I've pasted it at http://pastebin.com/603104
>

> I've had bad luck putting a bash script in %pre.  Instead I wget a
> script in %pre and then execute it.  The command not founde is probably
> a typo, and it is trying ot run your script but is not able to, some
> part of it is missing in the anaconda env (like bash?).  The line
> numbers are really hard to grok when dealing w/ ks script errors.

Hello, Jesse -

What kind of "bad luck" have you found?  I'm still hot after this one,
and it's really bothering me.

Bash is available to me in %pre, yes?  This stuff would even work in sh,
as far as my testing shows.

%pre does get parsed before my network info is used with the 'network'
directive in my kickstart file, right?

Thanks!
-dant