RHEL 3 and "nostorage"?

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 13:49:26 UTC 2006

On my RHEL 4 kickstarts, I specify nostorage on the command line and "device
scsi cciss" in ks.cfg.  This ensures no SAN-connected devices will be seen
by Anaconda and get accidentally overwritten.  Has anyone duplicated this
behavior on RHEL 3?  I looked at Anaconda source for U5 and U6 and nostorage
is not present.  I believe the only similar option would be "noprobe" and
then specify device eth and scsi in ks.cfg.  I'm not very familiar with
noprobe; will the kickstart go interactive for other options as well?  We
already specify the monitor in ks.cfg, so that should be fine.

Thanks for any pointers on how to emulate nostorage in RHEL 3.

/Brian/