Kickstart variables and syntax

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Thu May 11 14:00:39 UTC 2006

> Does anyone have a pointer to the document describing FC5
> Kickstart files (for instance, the fact that "timezone --isUtc" is now
> "timezone --utc")?
>
> After spending a day and a half wondering why a Kickstart disk
> made according to the RHEL 9 guidelines was crashing and burning,
> it occurred to me that certain syntax had changed in a non-backward
> compatible way.

I rewrote kickstart support for FC5, trying to preserve compatibility
throughout.  It was a whole lot of code, so there are some mistakes.
I've corrected several of these, but there are probably still a couple
more.  If you find anything that used to work in FC4 but does not work
any longer in FC5, please file a bug against pykickstart.

Additionally, I have marked certain commands and options as deprecated.
If these are used, they will put a DeprecationWarning into your
anaconda.log file.  Please check this file at some point and make sure
you're not doing anything that's been deprecated, as these will be
removed in the future.  Where I found that I wanted to change syntax in
the future, this is what I've done.  Your old files should still be
working.  Anything else is a bug.

- Chris