Newbie problem with kickstart post section

Arnar Þórarinsson art at caa.is
Tue May 23 09:21:05 UTC 2006

doohhh
Should have figured that out myself...
Thanks to all that have replied for your help !

/Arnar

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 13:26 +0200, Alain TAUCH wrote:
> On Mon, 22 May 2006 10:46:29 +0000
> Arnar Þórarinsson [Arnar] wrote:
>
> [...]
> Arnar> chkconfig is not found unless I use /mnt/sysimage/sbin/chkconfig and
> Arnar> then it can't find /etc/init.d
> Arnar>
> Arnar> rpm -qa gives a blank output, like no rpms are installed.
> [...]
> Arnar> post section runs as :
> Arnar> %post --nochroot --interpreter=/bin/bash --log=/mnt/sysimage/root/post-
> Arnar> install.log
> Arnar>
> Arnar> /sbin/chkconfig --level 345 telnet off
> Arnar> /mnt/sysimage/sbin/chkconfig --level 345 telnet off
> [...]
> Arnar> what am I doing wrong here ????
>
> these commands shoul be run in the chroot.
> By using %post --nochroot your rpm/chkconfig commands apply to
> the installer environment, not to the system you are installing.

Thessi tolvupostur og vidhengi hans geta innihaldid
trunadarupplysingar og er eingongu aetlaður theim sem hann er
stiladur a.
Oheimil medferd tolvuposts thessa og vidhengja hans getur vardad
skadabota- og refsiabyrgd samkvaemt logum um fjarskipti. Efni
tolvupostsins og viðhengja er a abyrgd sendanda ef thad tengist
ekki starfsemi Flugmalastjornar Islands. Ef Thu ert ekki skradur
mottakandi og hefur fengid skeytid vegna mistaka, vinsamlegast
hafdu strax samband vid sendanda.

This e-mail and its attachments is intended only for the person or
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.