Kickstarting an upgrade from RHEL3 to RHEL4...

Ajitabh Pandey AjitabhPandey at Gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 11:37:27 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 12:16 +0100, Binand Sethumadhavan wrote:
> On 29/11/06, Phil Bettinson <phb at llgc.org.uk> wrote:
> > Binand Sethumadhavan wrote:
> > > upgrade
> Call me adventurous - but the fact is that the ILO port of the server
> was left unpatched :)

I think HP have some command line utilities for configuring ILO without
reboot. I did that once, but cant remember. The only required thing is,
if the ILO was not configured at all then you need to know the default
ILO user and password. If you have configured it once and you cant
remember the access details now, one of these utilities can reset the
ILO to factory settings. If you have lost the factory settings then its
not possible remotely anymore.

Regards.
Ajitabh Pandey