Problem with reading kickstart file from second dvdrom drive

Chris Pattullo cpattullo at parasun.com
Fri Oct 13 18:20:14 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 03:40 -0400, Pat <patchu1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
<snip>
>         Details:
>         I require the user to type "installme" at the install
>         menu to follow my kickstart file. The relevant lines
>         from isolinux.cfg are:
>
>         label installme
>           kernel vmlinuz
>           append ks=cdrom:/my.cfg initrd=initrd.img
>         ramdisk_size=8192
</snip>

At first look I would say your problem is with 'ks=cdrom...'. If you can
get a look at what the system considers cdrom I think you'll find it's
probably your first drive. Which would explain why when the DVD drive is
the only one present everything works.

If you can find a way to specify the DVD drive specifically by finding
out what device Linux considers it to be and substituting that for
'cdrom' you may be able to get it to work.

This definitely seems to be a kernel-options issue though so if you
focus your efforts there you may be able to find a solution somehow.

Good luck.

Chris

--
Chris Pattullo
Developer, Software Engineering

PGP public key @ <http://pgp.mit.edu> 0x95A4A710
ParaSun Root Cert @ <https://xchange.parasun.com/ca.crt>

This e-mail may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete
all copies. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited.