question about kickstart

Shabazian, Chip Chip.Shabazian at bankofamerica.com
Tue Oct 31 18:15:13 UTC 2006

Try adding ethtool to the boot: line:
eth0_ethtool="autoneg=off speed=100 duplex=full", or
eth0_ethtool="speed=1000 autoneg=on duplex=full", etc.  Also, there is a
255 character limit on the boot: line, so you may want to make sure you
don't run over that. This is all you should need:

boot: linux linux ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
ks=http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ks/host01  eth0_ethtool="speed=1000
autoneg=on duplex=full" initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=8192
ksdevice=eth0

The above of course assumes you are building off eth0.