how to force inclusion of i386 packages in x86_64 distro

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 13:27:49 UTC 2007

On 3/28/07, Steven Timm <timm at fnal.gov> wrote:

> Hi--
> I have an x86_64 install that I am doing, which needs to be sure
> that about 20 i386-flavored rpms of various shared libraries
> are included in the install as well.  Is there
> any way to force this in a regular kickstart file, if so, how?

Steven,
If you are writing comps.xml yourself, you need to create a group tagged
with <biarchonly>true</biarchonly> and include the package names which have
both i386 and x86_64 versions.  An example group is "Compatibility Arch
Development".  This ensures both architectures get installed by Anaconda.

/Brian/