Intel megasr RAID driver not included with RHEL4

jaiber john jaiber.john at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 08:44:40 UTC 2007

An example for dd command line parameter is:

dd=path:/tmp/megasr.img

In this case, the driver image (megasr) is located within the initrd
under tmp directory.

'dd=' parameter is to specify the driver disk image location. 'ks=' is
to specify the location of kickstart file (example:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-kickstart2-startinginstall.html)

Driver disks can also be specified in the kickstart file, as mentioned
in the examples here:
(http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html)

driverdisk --source=ftp://path/to/dd.img
driverdisk --source=http://path/to/dd.img
driverdisk --source=nfs:host:/path/to/img

Btw, for Intel servers, there is a tool called "Intel Deployment
Assistant" (http://www.intel.com/design/servers/ism/deployment.htm)
which can help in installing these drivers. (Note: I work as a
developer on this tool).

Hope this helps.

-Jaiber John

On 4/10/07, Martin Steinmann <msteinmann at vesbridge.com> wrote:

> Chip
>

> Thanks for your quick reply. I did this and see the following:
>

> On tty3:  Method=cdrom://hdb:/mnt/source
>

> Using the command prompt: The mount command shows the device /tmp/cdrom
> mounted on /mnt/source and I can see all the files from the CD there.
>

> What is the difference between putting the dd= command into the file
> isolinux.cfg vs. ks.cfg?
>

> Would it be possible to have a subdirectory on the instillation CD e.g.
> called Intel, that includes all the drivers?   Can you give me an idea how
> the dd= command would look like then?  (E.g. dd=//hdb/intel  ??)
>

> Thanks
>
> --martin

<Jaiber John>