Automatically using the right kmdl module with the newest kernel

Jason Edgecombe jason at rampaginggeek.com
Sat Apr 14 13:28:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm doing kickstarts in RHEL5. I have extra repo statements in the
kickstart file that point to an updates repo which has RedHat updates
including the kernel. I also have a repo with extras like the openafs
rpms from atrpms.net.

How can I have the install automatically pick the right openafs-kmdl rpm
to go with the kernel.  Yum can do it if I use the yum-plugin-kdml rpm.
Is there any way to activate yum-plugin-kmdl during the install or some
other way to pick the right kdml to go with the latest kernel. I would
prefer to now have to hard-code the kmdl rpm version in the kickstart file.

What are my options besides hard-coding the kmdl rpm version or running
yum in %post?

Thanks,
Jason