Kickstart Configuration file validation

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 14:33:21 UTC 2007

> Cool, finally a tool ;)  I didn't even know this existed!

I need to be louder about things like this.  I think it's one of the
really nice things about pykickstart.  Now you can actually check your
ks file instead of shoving it through anaconda over and over again until
it works.

Well like I said, it does have its limitations.  It's really mainly
useful for checking syntax.  All the partitioning stuff can't be checked
until install time because ksvalidator doesn't know what disks are going
to be present.  Packaging probably could be checked, but that's going to
be tricky.  Scripts can't really be checked for correctness.  But I'm
all for any suggestions on how to make this or other tools useful.

- Chris