drac ilo install via virtual cdrom

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 13:18:16 UTC 2007

On 4/26/07, ksrh at skicentral.tv <ksrh at skicentral.tv> wrote:

> Howdy:
>
> I am trying to perform a kickstart install of RHEL4U4 exclusively
> via the drac (Dell Remote Access Card) interface onto a PE 2950
> without utilizing the systems other embedded nics.

Hello,

I'm not familiar with the DRAC as I haven't used Dell servers since the
PIII-based 2550.  If the DRAC is anything like the HP Proliant ILO
interface, it does not have access to the internal storage devices as
installation media.  Even if you were to boot the entire distro via the DRAC
virtual CD, you would not be able to install it anywhere.

/Brian/